What do you need to bring?
- Parking is available at New City Church parking lot, beside the park. Enter the Church parking lot on Colony Rd. The Carmel Rd. entrances will be closed
- Go to the left, down the hill when you enter the parking lot
- This is an OPEN COURSE event. This means there is normal vehicle traffic on the course at the same time as you are. You need to obey all traffic rules! You need to assume the vehicle drivers cannot see you.
- You need to wear a properly fitted cycle helmet
- You need to wear high visibility clothes, bright colors
- You need to have lights on the front and back of your bike or helmet
- No Ear-buds, you need to be able to listen for traffic and other rider alerts
- Bike Inspection – Inspect your wheel fittings for tightness prior to beginning. Check your seat and handlebar fittings for tightness. Make sure your tires are inflated properly, and your brakes work. Trek of CLT will be on site before the events to help you ensure your cycle is ready to go
- Keep both hands on the handlebars at all times. There are imperfections on the streets and you need to maintain good control of your cycle
- Stay hydrated, bring water bottles, there are also rest-stops along the way and water in the Park before and after the event
- Please arrive at least 30 mins before your event
- 37, 52 & 62 Mile riders need to be staged by 7:55am for pre-event announcements, ride begins at 8:00am
- 15 & 25 Mile riders need to be staged by 8:55am for pre-event announcements, ride begins at 9:00am
- Walking Routes begin at 9:15am
- Lunch service will begin at 10:30am and continue until the end of the event
- Your numbered bib in your packet is your lunch ticket, so wear it and keep it on and have it with you at the lunch station
- Enjoy some free frozen custard from Shake Shack while you wait in line
- Our killer Band DONKEY will begin around 10:30am and play during the Park festival
- Please tip our band for coming out and playing for us
- We have a lot of great sponsors this year, all for a great beneficiary, Loaves & Fishes / Friendship Trays. Please recognize our sponsors and say thanks whenever you can.
- Please smile and wave for the cameras
What do you need to bring?
- Your equipment, a change of clothes, changing tents will be provided, a towel, extra shoes, your preferred hydration solution – we will have water, soda and sports drinks, your phone, patience and readiness to have a good time. Bring your credit card or cash for merchandise, beers, etc
- FOR EMERGENCIES – CALL 911
- SAG (cyclist support on the route) – Trek of CLT – Doug (239) 494-0388
- Rest Stop Attendants also have phones and contact lists
- All Other – Event Director Joel Babb 415-577-2222