The impact of COVID-19 on our Community's health and economy has been swift and severe. In early March, Loaves & Fishes never could have imagined that by month's end they would be feeding three (3) times the number of people, in a brand new way, with limited access to our greatest resource - our Volunteers. To meet demand, Loaves & Fishes made changes at every level of their operation:
- Switching from 41 brick and mortar pantries in Mecklenburg Co. to mobile pantry food distribution - 20 locations operating 6 days a week.
- Packing a week's supply of groceries into thousands of emergency food boxes.
- Changing client eligibility from 8 visits per year to 12.
- Launching a home delivery program that now serves 250+ home bound individuals a week.
- Increasing collaboration with community partners such as Second Harvest Food Bank and CMS Child Nutrition Services.
- Distributing fresh produce and dairy through Pop Up Food Shares as part pf the federal Farm to Family Food Box program. These Food Shares have expanded to five days a week and are in addition to our mobile pantry distributions.
- On July 20, they surpassed the number of people who received a week's worth of groceries in all of 2019!!!, enough to fill Bank of America Stadium. Half were children and seniors.
Loaves & Fishes, Inc. is a 501(c)3 organization. If you are unable to ride or walk but would still like to make a donation,
please make your check payable to:
Loaves & Fishes, Inc.
Please mail your check to:
Loaves & Fishes
648 Griffith Road, Suite B
Charlotte, NC 28217
Please note on your memo line: Tour de Turns
Please make sure to write "Tour de Turns" in the Comments section.